Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Thank You! and a few random musings

As I sit here waiting on the video from the latest school board meeting to upload to youtube I thought I would share a few thoughts since I haven't done that in quite awhile.

As I approach 25,000 views to my blog I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you that have taken the time to come here.  I find it humbling and mystifying.

Here are some of my favorite thoughts/sayings that have had some meaning in my life recently.  They are things that I have always known but sometimes I need to be reminded of these truths.

--  Always trust your first instinct, that gut instinct that tells you when something is not right!  And when you override or disregard that first instinct, and those little red flags keep popping up, those nagging feelings keep coming back, Listen To Them!!  I had to be reminded of this truth again recently, but unfortunately it was a little too late before I woke up and listened.  Another sad lesson learned the hard way.


--   Sometimes this world, the people in it, are backwards and upside down.  Things are meant to be used and people meant to be loved.  But for some people, it is the things they love and people that they use.  The things can be anything from small material objects to power and control.  When temptation is put in their path, they can't control themselves.  To them, people are just things to be used, manipulated, controlled.  Used to achieve their own agenda's.  They get drunk from the power.  They will destroy anyone that stands in their way or that they cannot control. When you can no longer be used to do their bidding, to further their agenda, it is then that it will be you that they turn on next.   Their true character will always come out in the long run.  You just need to keep your eyes, your mind, and your heart open so you can see the truth. But sometimes it is too late and the damage has been done.   It is helpful if you do some serious self reflection first.  Are your words and actions reflective of who you really are?  Or are they the words of another?  Maybe you need to take a step back, remove yourself from the situation, then watch it play out like it is a show you are watching on a TV.  What do you see?  Are you seeing the entire picture from all angles?  How do you feel about what you are seeing?   If you don't like what you see then it is up to you to make the change.





No comments:

Post a Comment