Monday, February 22, 2016

November 17th, 2015 Deer Season In Michigan

I never got around to sharing a photo of the buck I got this past season.  This is the second best buck I have ever taken.  The last few seasons have not been too good so I was very happy with this season.  I saw more deer and deer sign than I have seen in years and was looking forward to filling my tags and a few freezers with fresh venison but some family things came up so I wasn't able to finish the season.  This is the first buck I have taken in the morning hours.  He came in at about 7:20am.  50 yard shot took out one lung and his heart.  He only made it about 35 to 40 yards before falling over dead.
Yes I am a female and yes I do shoot and dress out my own deer.  The only thing I can't do is drag them out of the woods by myself.  I had help and it took us almost 2 hours to get him out.




No comments:

Post a Comment