Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Bridgeport Township Building and Grounds Meeting December 9th, 2014

The meeting this evening was to discuss plans for the special assessment that was passed for the fire department.  They discussed current and long term plans and ideas.  The next Building and Grounds meeting will be held on January 13th, 2015.


At the special meeting that was held on November 17th to discuss the police and fire department special assessments, there were people who got up and spoke about their concerns and opposition to the assessments.  At tonight's meeting there were no Bridgeport residents there except myself, my elderly mother and several of the firefighters.
I would think that if any of our residents were seriously concerned about the assessments and the future of our police and fire departments, that they would have shown up at this meeting.  People can get up and talk about "hidden meetings", "I'm not blowing smoke" etc... etc... all they want, but if they really care about and want to work towards a better future for Bridgeport Township then maybe they should show up at meetings, keep informed about all events, and try working towards a better future.  Get involved in ways other than just putting up stupid signs and bitching about everything.
I am still working on trying to clean up trash in Lyle Park and could always use some help there.  Only in my Utopian Dreamworld would any of the complainers ever show up to help me clean up the trash.
I will keep posting video's of all the meetings that I can attend and hope that Bridgeport residents will watch them and get involved and I will keep picking up the trash in the river and parks.  I may not make much of a impact in our community but at least it is better than just being negative all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment