Sunday, July 20, 2014

My Sunday Morning Adventure In The Cass River

It was a beautiful foggy morning along the Cass River here in Bridgeport so I took my dog for our early morning stroll.  I was lucky and found the last tire that was lying along the trail in Lyle Park and got that out. Finding that tire really made my morning and got me inspired to try and get those wood pallets out of the river.  Went home and got some knee high rubber boots and thought I was ready to tackle the river.
My plan didn't work out quite the way I thought it would.  The river was deeper in that one spot than I thought it was so I ended up with boots filled with water.  The river bottom was very mucky and I was struggling with sinking in the muck.  The pallet was about the size of 2 to 3 pallets but you couldn't tell that until I actually got it out of the water.  So as I was struggling to drag that large water logged pallet to the river bank, while also trying to not sink and get stuck in the mucky bottom, I ended up with my bottom sitting on the river bottom.........  I am sure I was a sight to see, especially once I got myself and the pallet out of the river and up the bank.  I was soaked to my waist and covered in smelly muck.
I can laugh at it now and it was worth it get that pallet out.  There is still one more pallet out there but I will wait till I come up with a better plan to get that one out.


No comments:

Post a Comment