Thursday, September 10, 2015

To Dwell In Darkness

 In Darkness Let Me Dwell

"In darkness let me dwell; the ground shall sorrow be,
The roof despair, to bar all cheerful light from me;
The walls of marble black, that moist'ned still shall weep;
My music, hellish jarring sounds, to banish friendly sleep.
Thus, wedded to my woes, and bedded in my tomb,
O let me living die, till death doth come, till death doth come.
My dainties grief shall be, and tears my poison'd wine,
My sighs the air, through which my panting heart shall pine:
My robes my mind shall suit exceeding blackest night,
My study shall be tragic thoughts, sad fancy to delight.
Pale ghosts and frightful shades shall my acquaintance be:
O thus, my hapless joy, I haste to thee, I haste to thee."

~~ A poem by an anonymous author in the 1600's ~~

People dwell in darkness by choice often, though I can't understand why they would.  The world around us is what we choose to make it.  If we see the beauty in even the littlest things then we will make everything in our lives beautiful, happy, peaceful.  If we dwell in the darkness then all we will have is a life filled with lies, deceit, hate, anger, adversity.  If someone chooses to live their life in the darkness it would be nice if they didn't try to drag everyone else into that darkness........................

Green Day - Basket Case 


Queen - Liar


Joan Jett - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap


Linda Ronstadt - You re No Good 


No comments:

Post a Comment