Wednesday, May 8, 2019

My Personal Feelings


Some people may think they know me but few really do.  The few who do know me know that I have a limit and once that line is crossed, it is over. Let me explain my feelings on a few things.


“Your Personal Feelings”.  I can’t believe you actually went there but you did and there was no mistaking what you meant and how you really feel. I don’t respond well to someone trying to be condescending to me or trying to belittle me or my feelings, to insult me.   And I sure as hell don’t respond well to manipulation or border line bullying.   I can’t believe you actually said a few things you said, but you did so let’s discuss them.   I guess let’s start at the beginning of it all.  

Restoring the historic bridge was a great thing to do.  It is the way that it was done, the way that the business owners were treated, the nasty things that were said and done about and to the business owners and residents of this township by the township officials that were wrong.  There are some things that will never be forgotten or forgiven.  You say that there were lies told about the township and maybe there were, I don’t know because I never heard them.  And yes there are always two sides to every story and I believe that there are some stories about that time in our history that have probably not been told.  I don’t think they would shine a good light on the township government.  There we are, back to every story having two sides.

I have overlooked and tried to put in the past a few things from the trouble in our township because I thought it was best, time to move forward for the good of the township.  It seems though that it is the township that wants to bring back the ugly past.  You say that you don’t want all this trouble to start back up, to start back up because of “my personal feelings”. My personal feelings and the feelings of every voter in our township that voted to recall those board members matter.  It is not me that will start that trouble back up, it is you.  You are the ones that hired him despite the voters first recalling him in 2011 and then voting no when he ran again in 2012.  Every board member that voted to hire Lee Carpenter now, every employee that approved of his hiring; it is your fault and yours alone if any trouble starts. 

How dare you try to put the blame on me if any trouble starts over your decision to bring back the past, your decision to slap the voters of this township in the face.  I don’t just have a right to criticize my local government when I feel they have acted wrongly, I have a responsibility to do so, and I will.

Every member of that old trustee board, and some employees of this township, were responsible for the trouble in the past, for the things that were done, the things that were said.  And no member of that board that was recalled should ever again be sitting on the board or anywhere near our township government. You may think highly of him and you all may be good buddies, but it is the voters that are the only ones who should have had a say in whether Lee Carpenter had the right to sit on the trustee board again.  As you snarkily said, he will be up for election in 2020, and yes we will see then what the voters think.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he does not win election then.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if a few other board members don’t win reelection then.  

And lastly, the “experience” excuse.  Save it for someone that buys it.  Someone that was recalled from the board does not have the kind of “experience” that our township needs or wants.

"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."
The mistake elected officials make is thinking they rule over us, that they don't have to answer to us.  They are elected by the voters, and it is the voters who rule over them through the ballot box.




No comments:

Post a Comment